Saturday, January 29, 2011

Ancestral Dandruff...

I love listening to old music.... watching old movies.... staring at the old people in the grocery store.... It reminds me that there indeed was a place, a moment, in time.. other than this one... and not only other than... but before... That really means something... or well, at least it can, if you decide to acknowledge it... which you should.. we all should.... I can't help but feel a disconnect with where we all seem to be at the moment.... I've always been that way... but at the same time... I do bear that youthful rebellion... that blatant disdain for rules... policies.. or, really, anyone at all trying to tell me what to do...... But what can you really do in this life that doesn't involve having to do what someone else is telling you to?... It's just all a part of the game isn't it?.... I used to work at a pizza place... Did I really care about making the best pizzas in the world and providing outstanding customer service?... No.... but, in a way, I had to... in order to keep receiving a paycheck..... What are you doing for a living at the moment?...... Would you have even the slightest interest in it if wasn't your job?... Would you even think of putting any time into it at all if you weren't getting paid for it?....... If you can honestly answer yes.... then go sit in the corner until you realize just how unbelievably fortunate you are...................... and if you can't answer yes...... Then you just might be me......

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello fellow martyr... Just want to share this piece of lyric "It doesn't matter where you are If you only know two chords on your guitar You gotta go for what you can do And you will do all right
    It doesn't matter where you are If you've only got two songs in your repertoire You gotta go for what you can do And you will do alright" ... Salutations from the other side of the earth.

    ReplyDelete