Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Old Soul..

People aren't as kind as they used to be.... Now... I wasn't around when "used to be" was... but I've seen it on TV... Like Mayberry, in "The Andy Griffith Show"... Saying "howdy" to complete strangers.. being able to leave your doors unlocked.. a sense of community.. rather than prideful and defensive territorializm (not using the word "correctly" but you know what I mean)... People stare.. people judge.. size up.... I go to buy bread, and before I'm back home.. I've had a sort of mental "tug-of-war" with at least 19 different people.. On the road.. in the parking lot.. in the aisle.. in the line... And it's not easy for me.. I don't take it well... because I DID grow up in Mayberry... I didn't grow up like my "contemporaries".. and it's always kept me.. separated.. and I'm SO GLAD..... They look at me like an alien... and I just say.. "Howdy."..

2 comments: