Saturday, June 5, 2010

Where're The Hovercrafts?! It's 2010!!..

Do you ever have some moron on the road pass you, seemingly going about 80 mph, only to have you pull up RIGHT BEHIND THEM at the stoplight anyway?... I see this all the time... I do it.. I've had it done to me... but I've realized something... no matter how much it happens... we still do it.... I still do it... Isn't that along the lines of the definition of insanity?..... That's me on the road though.... the definition of insanity.... You want to find out how incompetent humans are, put them on the road... I've seen some of the dumbest things... and somehow... I always end up around these people.... The van in front of me, going 4 mph, with 19 guys in it.. The guy who thinks he owns the road, with his huge (lifted) truck, behind me.... The cars zooming this way and that way, with drivers that look like they're twelve years old....... One big asphalt runway, where we model the imperfections of man........ And there's almost nothing I hate more than a four-way-stop... You can't trust a human-being with that much responsibility... I often drive BLOCKS extra, just to get the light, instead of dealing with the four-way-stop... You ever get the person that CLEARLY stops about 5 whole seconds before you, and then they just sit there?.. so you wait, and then they give you "the wave"?.. What is this?.. They're playing traffic police all of a sudden?.. Deciding who gets to go, and in what order?.. NO... You stopped, you go!... It drives me crazy... I turned off the car once and just sat there... was this childish?.. maybe.. But I did what I had to do... And we went in order......... The molar of the story?.... Take the bus....

6 comments:

  1. YES COMMENTS!!!!

    i do all these things you say as well. driving is so primal! i usually drive pretty slow and safe, however when im late to work slow people alwways seem to get in the way. o well that life.

    COMMENTS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like me...have you been in the car with me. Scary boy...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not going to lie....i usually speed, pass three maybe even four cars just to end up in front of them at the stop light. 90% of the time the one on Manning and Buttonwillow. I think its just bad luck. I feel its a punishment because i do have a modified engine (which shouldn't be because it isn't exactly legal)...but what good does that make if it can't turn red lights green???? Anyways..I ask myself the same question every time...."If I just drive speed limit will i end up in the same place next time?" of course i never end up actually doing it....and don't get me started with the four-way stops. Some people like to "wave" you to go first...I don't even wait for that...if its close enough i just go before they can even think of switching from the brake to the gas pedal...i am a crazy driver but it is a crazy world out there and if you can't beat them join em

    ReplyDelete
  4. Artie: YES! FINALLY! haha.. I really like that.. "driving is so primal".. that's so true.. I never looked at it that way.. and I can't imagine you driving slow and safe, haha.. maybe I'm being stereotypical because of your cool wheels.. haha..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pastor: Maybe I've learned TOO MUCH from you, haha!..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous: Haha.. I do it all the time on Manning and Buttonwillow too.. And everywhere on I St.. And yeah, I've come to that conclusion so many times too.. To "join 'em".. But at the same time, I'm such a stickler, by nature.. I just want them to GO WHEN THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO!.. haha..

    ReplyDelete