Monday, December 28, 2009

A Nation Of Vexation..

If money is the root of all evil, then I must be pretty.... not evil.... But it's much too easy to assume the role of a martyr when things just aren't going your way.. I'm one of those people that happen to "have a heart" for the homeless.. For the "needy".. the less fortunate.. It really kills me when I pull up beside "one" at a light (or whatever) and I don't have any cash on me.. Of course, all sympathies aside, there must have been SOME sort of "series of events" that were allowed, in order to grant them such a destiny.. But should any man be denied grace?.. And then who's to say?.. (I know, but how much can I really get away with on here without losing "credibility"?) Some would extend a kind of mercy that others would not hesitate to rid the world of.. It's THESE kinds of people that should be living on the streets, like animals.. There are no TRUE stereotypes, or even credible assumptions.. There ARE good people that are living on the streets; and there are countless, ignorant hedonists that occupy our mainstream, and that live in the lavish homes.. engulfed in all of their ill-begotten gain.. undoubtedly bestowed upon them by our "O Impressionable Youth", as well as the "elders" who've grown tired of putting up the good fight against these antagonists that carry a fate unknown to even themselves.. A fate that shall be the death of their people all together.. It's the people on the streets that remind me that the world is REAL.. And it's the wealthy, with their noses held so high, that remind me that the world is AWFUL.. So who am I?.. Yes, I'm somewhere in between, but where does that leave me in the "grand scheme of things"?.. I'm not rich, and I'm not homeless.. But at the same time, I'm a certain type of rich, and yes.. a certain type of homeless.. We all are.. But far from most of us realize this.... I think that the ones that DO are better off.. King Solomon would surely agree that these things considered to be great riches, and the epitome of success, will surely rust and be eaten away by moths.. It's nothing other than foolishness to store up such things here on Earth.. On Earth, where the thief in the night can take away what you've "worked so hard for" in only mere seconds.. Where the possessions which you cling to cannot be taken when your time has come.... Who then is greater than the other?.. None... You see the man on the street who's hungry.. And then you proceed on to your home.. with your countless idols.. Your TV, your computer, your CD's, your furniture, even your loved ones.. whatever you may happen to have at your disposal.. As the homeless search the cold, hard sidewalk for a place to lie their heads at night; the fortunate nestle in their warm beds, and bother their minds with such trivial things.. Things that the less fortunate would be so fortunate to bother THEMSELVES with........ When I begin to feel sorry for myself... it's THEN that I realize just how "sorry" it really is for me to feel this way.. And that in my "own right".. I'm truly the wealthiest person on Earth.. And I realize... that it's those people in the big houses, and with all of the money that I REALLY do feel sorry for.. MY riches cannot be spent, repoed, or taxed....

No comments:

Post a Comment