Thursday, December 31, 2009

........ I Won't Forget It....

There's something special about a primered vehicle.. I've always been drawn to them.. I think it may have something to do with the potential.. The possibilities.. If I had to choose between driving a 2009 Lamborghini that had a little scratch on the side, or a '78 (primered) Chevy pickup.... I'd go with the pickup.... I saw one the other day at a red light, and I couldn't help but stare.. There's a kind of freedom that comes with it.. Every time I see one, I wonder what color they might paint it.. what design they may grace it with.. Any other car on the road that HAS color is like a completed portrait, or something.. But a primered car is like an empty canvas.. A primered car is "primed" to be painted.. That's sort of how I feel about this upcoming year... This upcoming decade... An empty canvas waiting for the painter.. Waiting to be painted... Endless possibilities.. Endless potential.. There's a kind of eagerness.. a kind of joy.... a kind of fear... A new painting, yes.. But who knows what kind?.. Are we heading out of the desert, and into The Promised Land?... Or out of the five-star restaurant, and into the bathroom?... Time will tell, as always.. For the first time (in a long time) I'm optimistic.. For I'm one of those who insist on holding a brush... eager to paint.. Entering a brand-new decade at the age of twenty-one is nothing short of a challenge to me.. I'm embracing.. and my mind, racing.... When I think of the quote, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.".. I think of it as more of a summation of life (rather than a year, or even a mere decade).. But for the sake of getting something across.. the quote DOES (of course) hold true for the past year (as well as the last decade)... Lots of heartache and sorrow... And such outstanding joys and memories....... No decade will ever be as special to me as the nineties ('seems so long ago now)........ But I can use what I took from then, to inspire me... in every stroke of my brush...... There's a renaissance coming... And it'll speak for itself, soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment