Thursday, August 20, 2009

Whatcha Gonna Do When They Come For You?..

I was listening to a Three Dog Night album today.. They have some pretty darn good songs.. It was one of those things where it's like.. "Ohh... THEY'RE the ones that sang that song.." That happened like four times.. Apparently, I'd never connected their name with any of their music.. Anyway, I'm really excited to share something in particular with you.. I was watching Cops today (Don't ask) and this lady was standing in the middle of the road.. Hysterical.. And flagging down a cop.. Well the cop pulled over and naturally asked her what was wrong.. She said that this woman across the street had stolen twenty dollars from her.. The twenty dollars that she was going to use to buy Cocaine.............. So the cop went across the street to ask the other woman if this was true... She was furious.. She expressed how insulted she was and that everyone in the neighborhood knew very well that she made her living as a prostitute...... Let's just COMPLETELY ignore how ridiculously stupid this is and focus on this next part.. The cop just let both of them go.. A hooker and a cokehead, both walk free and I get a three-hundred-plus ticket for answering my phone while driving and going a little fast (I've gone A LOT faster).. Whatever.. I don't want to start thinking about that right now.. I still need to figure out where that money's gonna come from.. Maybe I should just do the time and build up my street cred.. Maybe.. Or maybe I should just "Rejoice in my sufferings".. And be glad.. It builds character, you know... But then again.. How much more of a character can I be?...

Life is full of "maybes"....
And one of those "maybes" is this song that I wrote.. Maybe...
The audio is a little out of sync, but hey.. So am I..


Go to YouTube!... Comment and Subscribe!..

No comments:

Post a Comment