Friday, August 21, 2009

Capacity Catastrophe..

I am very disappointed with myself..Since yesterday, I could do nothing but anticipate going to the new Chinese buffet in Dinuba.. I think it's spelled "Tien Tien"... Anyway.. I hadn't eaten ANYTHING today.. NOTHING.. So I got to Tien Tien (?) and had ONE PLATE......... I remember it was like a thing with me.. Whenever I'd go to buffets (And I'd go pretty often) I'd have six plates.. SIX PLATES.. I was always very proud of that.. I remember a couple of times I walked away only having had five.. And it was not without a sense of defeat.. But ONE?!.. With tax and everything it's a little over nine dollars a plate; and now all that I can think about is how I could've simply had the new Big Carl from Carl's JR (The new competition for the Big Mac) and saved a couple of bucks.. Again, I always took a sort of pride in my eating abilities, so today was a weird day for me.. Now I have to fall back on something like my TV watching abilities, or being able to do pushups on my thumbs (This is true).. And then.. AND THEN.. I went over to my sister-in-law's house and there were a couple of pizzas.... I had ONE SLICE.... I used to work at Pizza Hut a couple of years ago and very often I'd bring home a large pizza and eat the whole thing all by myself (Such simpler times).. And there was also some cake (Sort of a spur-of-the-moment birthday party) and I had one tiny little piece.. I used to run a three to four average... Bottom line... This is a sad day.. I now seem to have the eating capacity of an 84-year-old woman... On a diet.. The day after Thanksgiving.. (She'd most likely still be a little stuffed..).. Anyway, this might not mean much to you, but it does to me and it's my blog.. My vent.. My lament.. And now.. I must go and feel sorry for myself.. I'm still good at that..

No comments:

Post a Comment